Twickenham Station, London
Client: Solum Regeneration (Twickenham) LLP
Sector: Residential / Mixed-use
Expertise: Cost Consultancy
New railway station ticket office, 120,350 sq.ft of retail/restaurant shell with 115 apartments in 3 blocks, two of which sit on a podium/raft partially over the existing rail lines creating a new public plaza. In addition, improvements to access to the existing platforms from the ticket office, new cycle storage and passenger collection areas, a river walkway including children’s play space. The design team included an array of specialist rail facility experts in addition to numerous stakeholders so the decision-making process was more complex than standard mixed-use development.
RLF were commissioned as cost consultants in November 2013 following a successful planning appeal to assist with the procurement of advanced facilitating works, develop the cost plan and support principal contractor procurement leading to full cost management services for the construction phase.
Commercial input throughout the scheme has taken account of extremely specialist construction methodology and logistics to accommodate a busy rail route that operated almost without interruption throughout the works. Health and safety considerations in the ultimate design solution are significant and the commercial options were analysed at all stages to facilitate the adopted approach.
- Cost planning bespoke design solutions to retain an operational rail line.
- Procurement with a limited field of rail qualified contractors.
- Helping with optimization of the design
- Commercial advice for phase modelling and sectional completion
- Commercial support for delay events assessment
- Assisting with commercial support in connection with stakeholder requirements