Teaching and Learning Building, UoB
Client Name: University of Birmingham
Role: Cost Manager
The new building provides a hub for education on campus with the new facility providing state-of-the-art teaching and social study space to support the modern learning experience at the University of Birmingham.
Located adjacent to the new UoB Library the building is IT and audio visual-rich, with excellent access for students with a diverse range of needs and preferences.
The new facilities provided include:
- A 500-seater lecture theatre
- A 250-seater interactive lecture theatre
- 10 seminar rooms for 30 students at a time
- A new cafe
The building also provides learning spaces for up to 1,000 students, which include a wide range of spaces and areas for individual study, collaborative group work and creative break-out sessions.
Our Key Contribution
- Design economics and value management to create an economically viable statement building.
- RLF worked collaboratively with the designers on a fully integrated BIM design solution.
- Technology and sustainability cost input.
- Extensive works and cost advice for the public realm offering to integrate the building with surroundings.