Education Building, UoB
Client Name: University of Birmingham
Role: Cost Manager
As part of the overall improvement works to this iconic building situated in the north-east of the University of Birmingham Main Campus, the following works were carried out included:-
- The complete remodelling of the ground floor and mezzanine which housed the former library in order to create a new modern café and breakout areas on the ground floor.
- The breakout out areas includes group discussion pods, banquet seating and loose tables and chairs. Feature lighting was incorporated into the design to set the right mood and ambience.
- Offices were created on the mezzanine floor with glazed screens and bespoke desks.
- A new boardroom with AV facilities was also formed and is suitable for meetings for up to 16 people.
- A number of classrooms were refurbished, which included a new floor, wall and ceiling finishes, new blinds, lighting and AV installations.
- The building envelope of the building was fully decorated, and the windows to the former library area will be replaced with new