Cornwall House, Birmingham
Client Name: Henry Boot Developments
Role: Cost Manager
The new residential development is located on Ludgate Hill in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, on a very prominent site along a key route linking St Paul’s Square and the Central Business District. Demolition of the existing 1970s canal-side building and replacement with a high-quality residential scheme of 95 apartments and over 5,000 sq. ft. of ground-floor commercial space. The scheme incorporates a roof terrace, gym, ground floor commercial space and 20 residents parking spaces. Close attention has been observed in developing the internal and external specifications to meet the quality aspirations for this development.
- Development within a conservation area.
- Development of the specification in alignment with budget.
- Ensuring viability and deliverability.
RLF Success Factors:
- Utilising our residential experience to provide informative cost advice whilst balancing the drive for quality and signature features.
- Options appraisals for different proposals to maximise viability.
- Minimising the impact of the existing building, remediation and adjacent canal.